Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Buona Festa della Mama - Happy Mother's Day!

So, I still have many pictures to post from our trip with Anne.  And even more from our adventures with the Juergensens....but, I also want to include more of our day to day happenings here in Italy.  I'm going to try to update more regularly with our typical weekend stuff, etc, and then fill in with our trip photos as I can.  Here goes!

BUONA FESTA DELLA MAMMA!    --   HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  


My friend Jana told me that each Mother's Day, she asks for a 'frame-worthy' photo of her and her children. I thought that sounds like a fantastic idea, especially since I am usually the one behind the camera, and we end up with  more pictures of Paul and our girls than me.  So, before church on Sunday we headed out into our village for our own little photo shoot.  Funny thing is, when we opened our front door, someone with a big camera and huge lens was taking a picture of our door! And our house, and all the buildings around it, and our street in general.  And then we saw not just one, but many photographers!  There must have been some sort of photo club event in our town.  Consequently, we were the subject of quite a few strangers' photos!  At least the girls were - and I really can't  blame them since they both looked so adorable in their little matching dresses.  All in all, we felt a bit like celebrities.  Only here in Italy will we find bicyclists slowing down as they ride by to call out "bellissima!"  ("beautiful!") as we pose for our photos.  :)  And quite a few of those photos turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.  Paul was an excellent photographer.  Enjoy! 
Our house is the one at the end of the street.  


Clara was looking at the strange man who was also photographing this shot.  :)  



Our front door makes a picturesque back drop.  



I would be remiss if I did not also mention that my wonderful husband and children made me breakfast in bed (Paul likes to pretend that he doesn't know how to cook anything, but he whips up a mean omelet once a year on Mother's day)  :)  and we walked up the road to eat delicious Italian pizza for dinner.  Yum!  With my sweet girls Vivian and Clara, I have so many blessings to be thankful for this special day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment